This is a contract between you (the Customer) and us (HipPocket). These Terms of Service (“Terms”) govern your access to and use of the services, including our various websites, SMS, APIs, email notifications, applications, buttons, widgets, ads, Subscription Services, and commerce services and any Content uploaded, downloaded or appearing on the Service (collectively referred to as “Content“). It describes the services we will provide to you, how we will work together, and other aspects of our business relationship. It is a legal document so some of the language is necessarily “legalese” but we have tried to make it as readable as possible. These terms are so important though that we cannot provide these services unless you agree to them. By using the Subscription Service or receiving the Consulting Services, you are agreeing to these terms.
We periodically update these terms and we will let you know when we do through a notification in the HipPocket app and HipPocket portal used to access your HipPocket subscription.
“Agreement” means these Customer Terms of Service and all materials referred or linked to in here.
“Billable Users” means those types of Users (defined below) for which we charge you fees as set forth at http://www.HipPocket.com/pricing.
“Billing Period” means the period for which you agree to prepay fees under an Order Form, which will be the same as or shorter than the Subscription Term. For example, if you subscribe to the Subscription Service for a one (1) year Initial Subscription Term, with a twelve (12) month upfront payment, the Billing Period will be twelve (12) months.
“Broker Group” means the group of users you invite to use your HipPocket Broker Subscription.
“Communication Services” means third-party forums, online communities, blogs, personal web pages, calendars, and/or other social media communication facilities (such as Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn) linked to or from the Subscription Service that enable you to communicate with the public or with a private group.
“Confidential Information” means all information provided by you or us (“Discloser”) to the other (“Receiver”), whether orally or in writing that is designated as confidential. Confidential Information does not include any information that (i) is or becomes generally known to the public without breach of any obligation owed to the Discloser or (ii) was known to the Receiver before receipt from the Discloser.
“Consulting Services” means the professional services provided to you by us, which may include training services, installation, integration or other consulting services.
“Content” means information, text, graphics, photos or other materials uploaded, downloaded or appearing on the Service.
“Customer Data” means all information that you submit or collect via the Subscription Service.
“Customer Materials” means all materials that you provide or post, upload, input or submit for public display through the Subscription Service.
“HipPocket“, “we“, “us” or “our” means HipPocket, Inc.. For this Agreement, “located in” means your shipping or physical address.
“HipPocket Content” means all information, data, text, messages, software, sound, music, video, photographs, graphics, images, and tags that we incorporate into the Subscription Service or Consulting Services.
“Order Form” or “Order” means the HipPocket-approved form or online subscription process by which you agree to subscribe to the Subscription Service and purchase Consulting Services. Most Orders are completed through our online payment process. The purchase form may be referred to as a “Statement of Work” if you are purchasing only Consulting Services.
“Sensitive Information” means credit or debit card numbers; personal financial account information; Social Security numbers; passport numbers; driver’s license numbers or similar identifiers; racial or ethnic origin; physical or mental health condition or information; or other employment, financial or health information, including any information subject to regulations, laws or industry standards designed to protect data privacy and security, such as the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act and the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards.
“Service” or “Subscription Service” means our app-based and web-based smart lead generation application that you have subscribed to for free, by an Order Form or that we otherwise make available to you, and developed, operated, and maintained by us, accessible via the HipPocket mobile app and http://www.HipPocket.com or another designated URL, and any ancillary products and services that we provide to you.
“Subscription Fee” means the amount you pay for the Subscription Service.
“Subscription Term” means the Initial Subscription Term and all Renewal Subscription Terms.
“Third-Party Products” means non-embedded products and professional services that are provided by third parties which interoperate with or are used in connection with the Subscription Service. These products and services include non-HipPocket apps available from, for example, the following: our integrations products page, partner directory, links made available through the Subscription Service and non-HipPocket services listed on services.HipPocket.com.
“Third-Party Sites” means third-party websites linked from within the Subscription Service, including Communications Services.
“Users” means your employees, representatives, consultants, contractors or agents who are authorized to use the Subscription Service for your benefit and have unique user identifications and passwords for the Subscription Service.
“You“, “your” or “Customer” means the person or entity using the Subscription Service or receiving the Consulting Services and identified in the applicable billing statement, online subscription process, Order Form or Statement of Work as the customer.
2. Basic Terms
You are responsible for your use of the Services, for any Content you post to the Services, and for any consequences thereof. The Content you submit, post, or display will be able to be viewed by other users of the Services. You should only provide Content that you are comfortable sharing with others under these Terms.
You may use the Services only if you can form a binding contract with HipPocket and are not a person barred from receiving services under the laws of the United States or other applicable jurisdiction. If you are accepting these Terms and using the Services on behalf of a company, organization, government, or other legal entity, you represent and warrant that you are authorized to do so. You may use the Services only in compliance with these Terms and all applicable local, state, national, and international laws, rules and regulations.
The Services that HipPocket provides are always evolving and the form and nature of the Services that HipPocket provides may change from time to time without prior notice to you. In addition, HipPocket may stop (permanently or temporarily) providing the Services (or any features within the Services) to you or to users generally without prior notice. We also retain the right to create limits on use and storage at our sole discretion at any time without prior notice to you.
The Services, may in the future include advertisements, which may be targeted to the Content or information on the Services, queries made through the Services, or other information. Advertisements would only appear to users of our free Service and those who are not a member of a Brokerage Group. The types and extent of advertising by HipPocket on the Services are subject to change. In consideration for HipPocket granting you access to and use of the Services, you agree that HipPocket and its third party providers and partners may place such advertising on the Services or in connection with the display of Content or information from the Services whether submitted by you or others.
You are responsible for safeguarding the password that you use to access the Services and for any activities or actions under your password. We encourage you to use “strong” passwords (passwords that use a combination of upper and lower case letters, numbers and symbols) with your account. HipPocket cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with the above.
All Content, whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, is the sole responsibility of the person who originated such Content. We may not monitor or control the Content posted via the Services, and we cannot take responsibility for such Content. Any use or reliance on any Content or materials posted via the Services or obtained by you through the Services is at your own risk.
We do not endorse, support, represent or guarantee the completeness, truthfulness, accuracy, or reliability of any Content or communications posted via the Services or endorse any opinions expressed via the Services. You understand that by using the Services, you may be exposed to Content that might be offensive, harmful, inaccurate or otherwise inappropriate, or in some cases, postings that have been mislabeled or are otherwise deceptive. Under no circumstances will HipPocket be liable in any way for any Content, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any Content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted, emailed, transmitted or otherwise made available via the Services or broadcast elsewhere.
6. The Subscription Service
- Access. During the Subscription Term, we will provide you access to use the Subscription Service as described in this Agreement.
- Modifications. We modify the Subscription Service from time to time, including by adding or deleting features and functions, in an effort to improve your experience. But we will not make changes to the Subscription Service that materially reduce the functionality of the Subscription Service provided to you during the Subscription Term. We might provide some or all elements of the Subscription Service through third party service providers.
- Additional Features. You may subscribe to additional features of the Subscription Service by agreeing to a new Order Form.
7. Customer Support
- Support. Support is included in your Subscription Fee. We accept support questions 24 Hours per Day x 7 Days per Week at email@example.com. We attempt to respond to support questions within one business day; in practice, our responses are generally even faster. We do not promise or guarantee any specific response time.
- Availability. We try to make the Subscription Service available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, except for planned down-time for maintenance.
8. Consulting Services
You may purchase Consulting Services through an Order Form or Statement of Work. Fees for these Consulting Services are in addition to your Subscription Fee. If you purchase Consulting Services that recur, they will be considered part of your subscription and will renew in accordance with the ‘Renewal Subscription Term’ section below. Unless otherwise agreed, all Consulting Services are performed remotely.
For Consulting Services performed on-site, you will reimburse us our reasonable cost for all expenses incurred in connection with the Consulting Services. Any invoices or other requests for reimbursements will be due and payable within thirty (30) days of the date of the invoice.
If there are a specific number of hours included in the Consulting Services purchased, those hours will expire as indicated in the applicable description, which expiration period will commence upon purchase (the “Expiration Period”). If there are deliverables included in the Consulting Services purchased, it is estimated that those deliverables will be completed within the time period indicated as the delivery period in the applicable description, which delivery period will commence upon purchase (the “Delivery Period”). If the Consulting Services provided are not complete at the end of the Delivery Period due to your failure to make the necessary resources available to us or to perform your obligations, such Consulting Services will be deemed to be complete at the end of the Delivery Period. If the Consulting Services provided are not complete at the end of the Delivery Period due to our failure to make the necessary resources available to you or to perform our obligations, the Delivery Period will be extended to allow us to complete such Consulting Services.
We might provide some or all elements of the Consulting Services through third party service providers. Consulting Services are non-cancellable and all fees for Consulting Services are non-refundable.
9. Fees and Payments
- Subscription Fees. Subscriptions fees apply to HipPocket Broker account types. The Subscription Fee remains fixed during the Subscription Term unless you (i) add more members to your Broker Group, (ii) delete members of your Broker Group, or (iii) subscribe to additional features or products.Where a price change applies to you, we will charge or invoice you under the new price structure, starting with the next Billing Period in the Subscription Term.. In order to avoid additional charges, you should purchase the appropriate tier of Subscription Service for your anticipated needs.
- Fee Adjustments in Next Billing Period. If you add new members to your Broker Group in a Billing Period, then your Subscription Fee will be adjusted at the beginning of the next Billing Period. This process will continue for each Billing Period during the Subscription Term. Our pricing and limits will be as set forth at http://www.HipPocket.com/pricing.
- Payment by credit card. If you are paying by credit card, you authorize us to charge your credit card or bank account for all fees payable during the Subscription Term. You further authorize us to use a third party to process payments, and consent to the disclosure of your payment information to such third party.
- Payment against invoice. If you are paying by invoice, we will invoice you at the beginning of the Initial Subscription Term and at the beginning of each subsequent Billing Period, and other time during the Subscription Term when fees are payable. All amounts invoiced are due and payable within fifteen (15) days from the date of the invoice, unless otherwise specified in the Order Form.
- Payment Information. You will keep your contact information, billing information and credit card information (where applicable) up to date. Changes may be made on your Billing Page within your HipPocket Administration Account. All payment obligations are non-cancelable and all amounts paid are non-refundable, except as specifically provided for in this Agreement. All fees are due and payable in advance throughout the Subscription Term.
- Sales Tax. All fees are exclusive of taxes, which we will charge as applicable. You agree to pay any taxes applicable to your use of the Subscription Service and performance of Consulting Services. You shall have no liability for any taxes based upon our gross revenues or net income.
10. Subscription Term and Renewal
- Initial Subscription Term. The initial subscription term shall begin on the effective date of your subscription and expire at the end of the period selected during the subscription process (“Initial Subscription Term”).
- Renewal Subscription Term. Unless one of us gives the other written notice that it does not intend to renew the subscription, this Agreement will automatically renew for the shorter of the Initial Subscription Term or one year (“Renewal Subscription Term”). Written notice of non-renewal must be sent no more than ninety (90) days but no less than forty-five (45) days in advance of the end of the Subscription Term. The Renewal Subscription Term will be on the current terms and conditions of this Agreement, and subject to the renewal pricing provided for in your Order Form or, if not specified in the Order Form, on our standard pricing available at http://www.HipPocket.com/pricing. Should you decide not to renew, you may send the notice of non-renewal by email to Support@HipPocket.com@HipPocket.com.
- End of Subscription Term. The Subscription Term will end on the expiration date and cannot be canceled before its expiration.
11. HipPocket’s Proprietary Rights
This is an Agreement for access to and use of the Subscription Service, and you are not granted a license to any software by this Agreement. The Subscription Service and Consulting Services are protected by intellectual property laws. The Subscription Service and Consulting Services belong to and are the property of us or our licensors (if any). We retain all ownership rights in the Subscription Service and Consulting Services. You agree not to copy, rent, lease, sell, distribute, or create derivative works based on the HipPocket Content, the Subscription Service, or the Consulting Services in whole or in part, by any means, except as expressly authorized in writing by us. HipPocket, the Hip Roof and Pocket Design, the HipPocket logos, and other marks noted in 8b that we use from time to time are our trademarks. You may not use any of these without our prior written permission.
We encourage all customers to comment on the Subscription Service or Consulting Services, provide suggestions for improving it, and vote on suggestions they like. You agree that all such comments and suggestions will be non-confidential and that we own all rights to use and incorporate them into the Subscription Service or Consulting Services, without payment or attribution to you.
HipPocket’s trademarks, service marks and slogans appearing on our website and within the HipPocket application include but are not limited to:
- List Smarter™
- The Private Real Estate Agent Network™
- The Private Social Network for Real Estate Agents™
- Can you afford not to be Hip?™
- One Network Built by Real Estate Agents for Real Estate Agents™
- Giving the Power Back to the Real Estate Agent™
Trademarks and service marks of third parties may also appear on this website. You may not use such trademarks or service marks in any way unless you have received permission from HipPocket or the third-party owner.
12. Customer’s Proprietary Rights
You retain your rights to any Content you submit, post or display on or through the Services. By submitting, posting or displaying Content on or through the Services, you grant us a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free license (with the right to sublicense) to use, copy, reproduce, process, adapt, modify, publish, transmit, display and distribute such Content in any and all media or distribution methods (now known or later developed).
You agree that this license includes the right for HipPocket to provide, promote, and improve the Services and to make Content submitted to or through the Services available to other companies, organizations or individuals who partner with HipPocket for the syndication, broadcast, distribution or publication of such Content on other media and services, subject to our terms and conditions for such Content use.
Such additional uses by HipPocket, or other companies, organizations or individuals who partner with HipPocket, may be made with no compensation paid to you with respect to the Content that you submit, post, transmit or otherwise make available through the Services.
We may modify or adapt your Content in order to transmit, display or distribute it over computer networks and in various media and/or make changes to your Content as are necessary to conform and adapt that Content to any requirements or limitations of any networks, devices, services or media.
You are responsible for your use of the Services, for any Content you provide, and for any consequences thereof, including the use of your Content by other users and our third party partners. You understand that your Content may be syndicated, broadcast, distributed, or published by our partners and if you do not have the right to submit Content for such use, it may subject you to liability. HipPocket will not be responsible or liable for any use of your Content by HipPocket in accordance with these Terms. You represent and warrant that you have all the rights, power and authority necessary to grant the rights granted herein to any Content that you submit.
The Receiver will: (i) protect the confidentiality of the Confidential Information using the same degree of care that it uses with its own confidential information of similar nature, but with no less than reasonable care, (ii) not use any Confidential Information for any purpose outside the scope of this Agreement, (iii) not disclose Confidential Information to any third party (except our third party service providers), and (iv) limit access to Confidential Information to its employees, contractors, advisors and agents. Upon notice to the Discloser, the Receiver may disclose Confidential Information if required to do so under any federal, state, or local law, statute, rule or regulation, subpoena or legal process.
14. Customer Responsibilities.
To realize the full value of the Subscription Service and Consulting Services, your participation and effort are needed. Resources that may be required from you include an Executive Sponsor, a Project Manager, a Technical Resource, and one or more Broker Group Members. Responsibilities that may be required include acting as internal liaison between HipPocket and Broker Group Members; providing top level internal goals for the use of the Subscription Service; attending regular success review meetings; and supporting the integration of the Subscription Service within the Broker.
You grant us the right to add your name and company logo to our customer list and website.
16. Customer Data
- Aggregate Data. We may monitor use of the Subscription Service by all of our customers and use the data gathered in an aggregate and anonymous manner. You agree that we may use and publish such information, provided that such information does not incorporate any Customer Data and/or identify you.
- Safeguards. We will maintain commercially appropriate administrative, physical, and technical safeguards to protect Customer Data. You consent to the processing of Customer Data in the United States. You acknowledge that in all cases that HipPocket acts as the processor of Customer Data and you remain controller of Customer Data for applicable European Union data protection regulations.
- No Sensitive Information. YOU AGREE NOT TO USE THE SUBSCRIPTION SERVICE TO COLLECT, MANAGE OR PROCESS SENSITIVE INFORMATION. WE WILL NOT HAVE ANY LIABILITY THAT MAY RESULT FROM YOUR USE OF THE SUBSCRIPTION SERVICE TO COLLECT OR MANAGE SENSITIVE INFORMATION.
17. Restrictions on Content and Use of the Services
- Prohibited and Unauthorized Use. You will not (i) use or launch any automated system, including, “robots,” “spiders,” or “offline readers,” that sends more request messages to our servers in a given period of time than a human can reasonably produce in the same period by using a conventional browser; (ii) use the Subscription Service in any manner that damages, disables, overburdens, or impairs any of our websites or interferes with any other party’s use of the Subscription Service; (iii) attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Subscription Service; (iv) access the Subscription Service other than through our interface; or (v) use the Subscription Service for any purpose or in any manner that is unlawful or prohibited by this Agreement. You will notify us right away of any unauthorized use of your Users’ identifications and passwords or your account by contacting us a support@HipPocket.com.
18. Copyright Policy
HipPocket respects the intellectual property rights of others and expects users of the Services to do the same. We will respond to notices of alleged copyright infringement that comply with applicable law and are properly provided to us. If you believe that your Content has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide us with the following information: (i) a physical or electronic signature of the copyright owner or a person authorized to act on their behalf; (ii) identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed; (iii) identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material; (iv) your contact information, including your address, telephone number, and an email address; (v) a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and (vi) a statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and, under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
We reserve the right to remove Content alleged to be infringing without prior notice, at our sole discretion, and without liability to you. In appropriate circumstances, HipPocket will also terminate a user’s account if the user is determined to be a repeat infringer. Our designated copyright agent for notice of alleged copyright infringement appearing on the Services is:
HipPocket Inc., 211 N Ervay St, Dallas, TX 75270
19. Acceptable Use of Communications Services
20. Third-Party Sites and Products
Third-Party Sites and Products are not under our control. Third-Party Sites and Products are provided to you only as a convenience, and the availability of any Third-Party Site or Product does not mean we endorse, support or warranty the Third-Party Site or Product.
You will indemnify, defend and hold us harmless, at your expense, against any third-party claim, suit, action, or proceeding (each, an “Action”) brought against us (and our officers, directors, employees, agents, service providers, licensors, and affiliates) by a third party not affiliated with us to the extent that such Action is based upon or arises out of (a) unauthorized or illegal use of the Subscription Service by you; (b) your noncompliance with or breach of this Agreement, (c) your use of Third-Party Products, or (d) the unauthorized use of the Subscription Service by any other person using your User information. We will: notify you in writing within thirty (30) days of our becoming aware of any such claim; give you sole control of the defense or settlement of such a claim; and provide you (at your expense) with any and all information and assistance reasonably requested by you to handle the defense or settlement of the claim. You shall not accept any settlement that (i) imposes an obligation on us; (ii) requires us to make an admission; or (iii) imposes liability not covered by these indemnifications or places restrictions on us without our prior written consent.
22. Disclaimers and Limitations of Liability
Please read this section carefully since it limits the liability of HipPocket and its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, related companies, officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives, partners, and licensors (collectively, the “HipPocket Entities”). Each of the subsections below only applies up to the maximum extent permitted under applicable law. Nothing in this section is intended to limit any rights you may have which may not be lawfully limited.
- The Services are Available “AS-IS”. Your access to and use of the Services or any Content are at your own risk. You understand and agree that the Services are provided to you on an “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE” basis. Without limiting the foregoing, to the maximum extent permitted under applicable law, THE HIPPOCKET ENTITIES DISCLAIM, AND BY ACCESSING OR USING THE SERVICES OR CONTENT YOU WAIVE, ALL OTHER WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. The HipPocket Entities make no warranty and disclaim all responsibility and liability for: (i) the completeness, accuracy, adequacy, usefulness, availability, timeliness, security, errors, interruptions or reliability of the Services or any Content; (ii) any harm to your computer system, loss of data, or other harm that results from your access to or use of the Services or any Content; (iii) the deletion of, or the failure to store or to transmit, any Content and other communications maintained by the Services; and (iv) whether the Services will meet your requirements or be available on an uninterrupted, secure, or error-free basis. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained from the HipPocket Entities or through the Services, will create any warranty not expressly made herein.
- Links. The Services may contain links to third-party websites or resources. You acknowledge and agree that the HipPocket Entities are not responsible or liable for: (i) the availability or accuracy of such websites or resources; or (ii) the content, products, or services on or available from such websites or resources. Links to such websites or resources do not imply any endorsement by the HipPocket Entities of such websites or resources or the content, products, or services available from such websites or resources. You acknowledge sole responsibility for and assume all risk arising from your use of any such websites or resources.
- Disclaimer of Warranties. WE AND OUR AFFILIATES AND AGENTS MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES ABOUT THE SUITABILITY, RELIABILITY, AVAILABILITY, TIMELINESS, SECURITY OR ACCURACY OF THE SUBSCRIPTION SERVICE, DATA MADE AVAILABLE FROM THE SUBSCRIPTION SERVICE, HIPPOCKET CONTENT, OR THE CONSULTING SERVICES FOR ANY PURPOSE. APPLICATION PROGRAMMING INTERFACES (APIs) MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE AT ALL TIMES. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE SUBSCRIPTION SERVICE, HIPPOCKET CONTENT AND CONSULTING SERVICES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF ANY KIND. WE DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND WITH REGARD TO THE SUBSCRIPTION SERVICE, AND THE CONSULTING SERVICES INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
- No Indirect Damages. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL EITHER PARTY BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOST PROFITS OR BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES.
- Limitation of Liability. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE HIPPOCKET ENTITIES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, OR ANY LOSS OF PROFITS OR REVENUES, WHETHER INCURRED DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, OR ANY INTERRUPTION OF BUSINESS OR LOSS OF DATA, USE, GOOD-WILL, OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES, RESULTING FROM (i) YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF OR INABILITY TO ACCESS OR USE THE SERVICES; (ii) ANY CONDUCT OR CONTENT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE SERVICES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF OTHER USERS OR THIRD PARTIES; (iii) ANY CONTENT OBTAINED FROM THE SERVICES; OR (iv) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS, USE OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR CONTENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF THE HIPPOCKET ENTITIES EXCEED THE GREATER OF ONE HUNDRED U.S. DOLLARS (U.S. $100.00) OR THE AMOUNT YOU PAID HIPPOCKET, IF ANY, IN THE PAST SIX MONTHS FOR THE SERVICES GIVING RISE TO THE CLAIM. THE LIMITATIONS OF THIS SUBSECTION SHALL APPLY TO ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, STATUTE, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE, AND WHETHER OR NOT THE HIPPOCKET ENTITIES HAVE BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF ANY SUCH DAMAGE, AND EVEN IF A REMEDY SET FORTH HEREIN IS FOUND TO HAVE FAILED OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT ABSENT YOUR AGREEMENT TO THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY, WE WOULD NOT PROVIDE THE SUBSCRIPTION SERVICE TO YOU.
- Third Party Products. WE DISCLAIM ALL LIABILITY WITH RESPECT TO THIRD-PARTY PRODUCTS THAT YOU USE. OUR LICENSORS SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY OF ANY KIND UNDER THIS AGREEMENT.
- Indemnification. You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless the HipPocket Entities from all liabilities, claims, expenses, losses, or damages, including attorneys’ fees, that arise from or relate to your use or misuse of the Services or violation of these Terms. HipPocket reserves the right to assume the exclusive defense and control, or compromise, of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, in which event you will assist and cooperate with HipPocket in such defense or compromise.
23. Termination, Suspension and Expiration
- Termination for Cause. Either party may terminate this Agreement for cause: (i) upon thirty (30) days’ notice to the other party of a material breach if such breach remains uncured at the expiration of such period, or (ii) immediately, if the other party becomes the subject of a petition in bankruptcy or any other proceeding relating to insolvency, liquidation or assignment for the benefit of creditors. This Agreement may not otherwise be terminated prior to the end of the Subscription Term.
- Suspension for Prohibited Acts. We may suspend any User’s access to the Subscription Service for: (i) use of the Subscription Service that violates any of the HipPocket Rules (ii) use of the Subscription Service in a way that violates applicable local, state, federal, or foreign laws or regulations or the terms of this Agreement, or (iii) repeated instances of posting or uploading material that infringes or is alleged to infringe on the copyright or trademark rights of any person or entity.
- Suspension for Non-Payment. We may suspend your access to all or any part of the Subscription Service upon ten (10) days’ notice to you of non-payment of any amount past due. We will not suspend the Subscription Service while you are disputing the applicable charges reasonably and in good faith and are cooperating diligently to resolve the dispute. If the Subscription Service is suspended for non-payment, we may charge a re-activation fee to reinstate the Subscription Service.
- Suspension for Present Harm. If your use of the Subscription Service: (i) is being subjected to denial of service attacks or other disruptive activity, (ii) is being used to engage in denial of service attacks or other disruptive activity, (iii) is creating a security vulnerability for the Subscription Service or others, (iv) is consuming excessive bandwidth, or (v) is causing harm to us or others, then we may, with electronic or telephonic notice to you, suspend all or any access to the Subscription Service. We will try to limit the suspension to the affected portion of the Subscription Service and promptly resolve the issues causing the suspension of the Subscription Service.
- Effect of Termination or Expiration. Upon termination or expiration of this Agreement, you will stop all use of the Subscription Service and HipPocket Content. If you terminate this Agreement for cause, we will promptly refund any prepaid but unused fees covering use of the Subscription Service after termination. If we terminate this Agreement for cause, you will promptly pay all unpaid fees due through the end of the Subscription Term. Fees are otherwise non-refundable.
- Retrieval of Customer Data. As long as you have paid all fees owed to us, if you make a written request within thirty (30) days after termination or expiration of your Subscription, we will provide you with temporary access to the Subscription Service to retrieve, or we will provide you with copies of, all Customer Data then in our possession or control. We may withhold access to Customer Data until you pay any fees owed to us. Thirty (30) days after termination or expiration of your Subscription, we will have no obligation to maintain or provide you the Customer Data and may, unless legally prohibited, delete all Customer Data in our systems or otherwise in our control.
- Amendment; No Waiver. We may update and change any part or all of these Customer Terms of Service, including the fees and charges associated with the use of the Subscription Service. If we update or change these Customer Terms of Service, the updated Customer Terms of Service will be posted at http://hippocketpro.com/terms-of-service/. The updated Customer Terms of Service will become effective and binding on the next business day after it is posted. When we change these Customer Terms of Service, the “Last Modified” date above will be updated to reflect the date of the most recent version. We encourage you to review these Customer Terms of Service periodically. If you do not agree with a modification to the Customer Terms of Service, you must notify us in writing within thirty (30) days after receiving notice of modification. If you give us this notice, your subscription will continue to be governed by the terms and conditions of the Customer Terms of Service prior to modification for the remainder of your current term. Upon renewal, the Customer Terms of Service published by us on our website will apply. No delay in exercising any right or remedy or failure to object will be a waiver of such right or remedy or any other right or remedy. A waiver on one occasion will not be a waiver of any right or remedy on any future occasion.
- Contracting Entity and Applicable Law. These Terms and any action related thereto will be governed by the laws of the State of Texas without regard to or application of its conflict of law provisions or your state or country of residence. All claims, legal proceedings or litigation arising in connection with the Services will be brought solely in the federal or state courts located in Dallas, Dallas County, Texas, United States, and you consent to the jurisdiction of and venue in such courts and waive any objection as to inconvenient forum. If you are a federal, state, or local government entity in the United States using the Services in your official capacity and legally unable to accept the controlling law, jurisdiction or venue clauses above, then those clauses do not apply to you. For such U.S. federal government entities, these Terms and any action related thereto will be governed by the laws of the United States of America (without reference to conflict of laws) and, in the absence of federal law and to the extent permitted under federal law, the laws of the State of Texas (excluding choice of law).
- Force Majeure. Neither party will be responsible for failure or delay of performance if caused by: an act of war, hostility, or sabotage; act of God; electrical, internet, or telecommunication outage that is not caused by the obligated party; government restrictions; or other event outside the reasonable control of the obligated party. Each party will use reasonable efforts to mitigate the effect of a force majeure event.
- Actions Permitted. Except for actions for nonpayment or breach of a party’s proprietary rights, no action, regardless of form, arising out of or relating to this Agreement may be brought by either party more than one (1) year after the cause of action has accrued.
- Relationship of the Parties. You and we agree that no joint venture, partnership, employment, or agency relationship exists between us.
- Compliance with Laws. We will comply with all U.S. state and federal laws in our provision of the Subscription Service, the Consulting Services and our processing of Customer Data. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as necessary to satisfy any law, regulation, legal process or governmental request. You will comply with all laws in your use of the Subscription Service and Consulting Services, including any applicable export laws. You will not directly or indirectly export, re-export, or transfer the Subscription Service or Consulting Services to prohibited countries or individuals or permit use of the Subscription Service or Consulting Services by prohibited countries or individuals.
- Waiver and Severability. The failure of HipPocket to enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not be deemed a waiver of such right or provision. In the event that any provision of these Terms is held to be invalid or unenforceable, then that provision will be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary, and the remaining provisions of these Terms will remain in full force and effect.
- Notices. Notice will be sent to the contact address set forth herein, and will be deemed delivered as of the date of actual receipt. To HipPocket, Inc:.HipPocket Inc., 211 N Ervay St, Dallas, TX 75270, Attention: General Counsel. To you: your address as provided in our HipPocket Subscription account information for you. We may give electronic notices by general notice via the Subscription Service and may give electronic notices specific to you by email to your e-mail address(es) on record in our account information for you or through the notifications center of the Subscription Service. We may give notice to you by telephone calls to the telephone numbers on record in our account information for you. You must keep all of your account information current.
We may revise these Terms from time to time, the most current version will always be at HipPocket.com/terms. If the revision, in our sole discretion, is material we will notify you via email to the email associated with your account. By continuing to access or use the Services after those revisions become effective, you agree to be bound by the revised Terms.
These Services are operated and provided by HipPocket Inc., 211 N Ervay St, Dallas, TX 75270. If you have any questions about these Terms, please email us HERE.
- Assignment. You will not assign or transfer this Agreement, including any assignment or transfer by reason of merger, reorganization, sale of all or substantially all of your assets, change of control or operation of law, without our prior written consent, which will not be unreasonably withheld. We may assign this Agreement to any affiliate or in the event of merger, reorganization, sale of all or substantially all of our assets, change of control or operation of law.
- No Third Party Beneficiaries. Nothing in this Agreement, express or implied, is intended to or shall confer upon any third party person or entity any right, benefit or remedy of any nature whatsoever under or by reason of this Agreement.
- Contract for Services. This Agreement is a contract for the provision of services and not a contract for the sale of goods. The provisions of the Uniform Commercial Code (UCC), the Uniform Computer Information Transaction Act (UCITA), or any substantially similar legislation as may be enacted, shall not apply to this Agreement. If you are located outside of the territory of the United States, the parties agree that the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods shall not govern this Agreement or the rights and obligations of the parties under this Agreement.
- Authority. Each party represents and warrants to the other that it has full power and authority to enter into this Agreement and that it is binding upon such party and enforceable in accordance with its terms.
- Survival. The following sections in the ‘General Terms’ shall survive the expiration or termination of this Agreement: ‘Definitions’, ‘Fees and Payments’, ‘HipPocket’s Proprietary Rights’, ‘Customer’s Proprietary Rights’, ‘Confidentiality’, ‘Publicity’, ‘Indemnification’, ‘Disclaimers; Limitations of Liability’, ‘Termination, Suspension and Expiration’, and ‘General’.
- Precedence. In the event of a conflict between the terms of this Agreement and an Order Form or Statement of Work, the terms of the Order Form or Statement of Work shall control, but only as to that Order Form or Statement of Work.
- Applicability. If you are given alpha or beta access to any features of the Subscription Service, the following additional terms apply. In the event of a conflict between the terms set forth in the ‘General Terms’ and the terms set forth in this ‘Alpha/Beta Services’ section, the terms in this ‘Alpha/Beta Services’ section will control with respect to your use of Alpha/Beta Services.
- Alpha/Beta Services. If we make alpha or beta access to some or all of the Subscription Service (the “Alpha/Beta Services”) available to you (i) the Alpha/Beta Services are provided “as is” and without warranty of any kind, (ii) we may suspend, limit, or terminate the Alpha/Beta Services for any reason at any time without notice, and (iii) we will not be liable to you for damages of any kind related to your use of the Alpha/Beta Services. If we inform you of additional terms and conditions that apply to your use of the Alpha/Beta Services, those will apply as well. We might require your participation to be confidential, and we might also require you to provide feedback to us about your use of the Alpha/Beta Services. You agree that we own all rights to use and incorporate your feedback into our services and products, without payment or attribution to you.
- Survival. The following sections in this ‘Alpha/Beta Services’ section shall survive the expiration or termination of this Agreement: ‘Alpha/Beta Services’ and ‘Survival’.
- Applicability. If you do not pay a Subscription Fee to us and you utilize only our Free Services (defined below), then the following additional terms apply. In the event of a conflict between the terms set forth in any of the sections above and the terms set forth in this ‘Free Services’ section, the terms in this ‘Free Services’ section will control with respect to your use of the Free Services.
- Additional Definitions. “Free Services” means the Subscription Service or other products or features made available by us to you on an unpaid trial or free basis.
- Free Services. If you use our Free Services, we will make the Free Services available to you free of charge until earlier of (a) the date on which your free subscription is terminated or (b) the start date of your paid subscription.
- Free Trial. If you register for a trial of the Free Services, we will make the Free Services available to you on a trial basis free of charge until the earlier of (a) the end of the free trial period (if not earlier terminated) or (b) the start date of your paid subscription. If we include additional terms and conditions on the trial registration web page, those will apply as well. Unless you purchase a subscription to the applicable Free Services before the end of the free trial, all of your data in the Subscription Service may be permanently deleted at the end of the trial, and we will not recover it.
- Confidentiality. The provisions of the ‘Confidentiality’ section in the ‘General Terms’ do not apply to use of the Free Services.
- Disclaimers; Limitations of Liability. WE AND OUR AFFILIATES AND AGENTS MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES ABOUT THE SUITABILITY, RELIABILITY, AVAILABILITY, TIMELINESS, SECURITY OR ACCURACY OF THE FREE SERVICES FOR ANY PURPOSE. APPLICATION PROGRAMMING INTERFACES (APIs) MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE AT ALL TIMES. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE FREE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF ANY KIND. WE DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND WITH REGARD TO THE FREE SERVICES, INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL HIPPOCKET BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOST PROFITS OR BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES. IF, NOTWITHSTANDING THE OTHER TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, HIPPOCKET IS DETERMINED TO HAVE ANY LIABILITY TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY, THE PARTIES AGREE THAT HIPPOCKET’S AGGREGATE LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS. WE DISCLAIM ALL LIABILITY WITH RESPECT TO THIRD-PARTY PRODUCTS THAT YOU USE. OUR LICENSORS SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY OF ANY KIND UNDER THIS AGREEMENT. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT ABSENT YOUR AGREEMENT TO THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY, WE WOULD NOT PROVIDE THE FREE SERVICES TO YOU. THIS ‘DISCLAIMERS; LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY’ SECTION SHALL APPLY IN LIEU OF THE ‘DISCLAIMERS; LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY’ SECTION IN THE ‘GENERAL TERMS’.
- Suspension. We may suspend, limit, or terminate the Free Services for any reason at any time without notice.
- Contracting Entity and Applicable Law. This Agreement is governed by the provisions of the ‘Contracting Entity and Applicable Law’ section in the ‘General Terms’ above applicable to those in North America, regardless of where you are located.
- Survival. The following sections in this ‘Free Services’ section shall survive the expiration or termination of this Agreement: ‘Definitions’, ‘Disclaimers; Limitations of Liability’, ‘Contracting Entity and Applicable Law’, and ‘Survival’.
The Services shall be available 99.9%, measured monthly, excluding holidays and weekends and scheduled maintenance. If Customer requests maintenance during these hours, any uptime or downtime calculation will exclude periods affected by such maintenance. Further, any downtime resulting from outages of third party connections or utilities or other reasons beyond Company’s control will also be excluded from any such calculation. Customer’s sole and exclusive remedy, and Company’s entire liability, in connection with Service availability shall be that for each period of downtime lasting longer than one hour (excluding planned downtime for maintenance purposes), Company will credit Customer 5% of Service fees for each period of 30 or more consecutive minutes of downtime; provided that no more than one such credit will accrue per day. Downtime shall begin to accrue as soon as Customer (with notice to Company) recognizes that downtime is taking place, and continues until the availability of the Services is restored. In order to receive downtime credit, Customer must notify Company in writing within 24 hours from the time of downtime, and failure to provide such notice will forfeit the right to receive downtime credit. Such credits may not be redeemed for cash and shall not be cumulative beyond a total of credits for one (1) week of Service Fees in any one (1) calendar month in any event. Company will only apply a credit to the month in which the incident occurred. Company’s blocking of data communications or other Service in accordance with its policies shall not be deemed to be a failure of Company to provide adequate service levels under this Agreement.
Last Revised: December 9th, 2016